SMSP HOT LAP DAYS
The SMSP Hot Lap Days are designed to give race car drivers the opportunity to thank their Sponsors and Supporters with a passenger ride around Sydney Motorsport Park’s Gardner GP Circuit. All Drivers must hold a minimum of a full and valid CAMS National Circuit licence OR Clubman Circuit licence. Vehicles must be accompanied by a valid CAMS log book.
The day will be run as an open pit lane format on the Gardner GP Circuit, with all vehicles to be conducting passenger rides. This day is not designed for any purpose other than passenger rides.
Two sessions will operate, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In order to ensure that all guests get their ride, a maximum of 15 guests is recommended. If you have more than 15 guests, please book into both the morning and afternoon sessions. Please note that it is the Driver’s responsibility to ensure that all guests receive all necessary instructions and information regarding the day.
Please pay particular attention to the Guidelines noted for SMSP Hot Lap Days, as these will be strictly enforced on the day.
Please pay particular attention to the following notes, as these will be strictly enforced on the day:
- – All Drivers must attend the compulsory Driver’s Briefing.
- – All Drivers must hold a minimum of a full and valid CAMS National Circuit licence OR Clubman Circuit licence.
- – All vehicles must be accompanied by a valid CAMS log book which must be presented at registration.
- – All Passengers and Drivers must register on arrival, and will be required to sign legal waivers. Passengers and Drivers will be given a wristband at registration which must be shown when entering the circuit.
- – A maximum of 15 Passengers are permitted per Driver in each session (AM or PM). If you have more than 15 Passengers, please book into both the AM and PM session.
- – Passengers must be at least 16 years of age. A Guardian’s signature is required on the waivers for those under 18.
- – All Passengers and Drivers must wear helmets. A very limited number of hire helmets will be available on a first come first served basis. It is therefore recommended that Driver’s bring enough helmets for their guests.
- – All Passengers must wear enclosed shoes and clothing that covers wrist to ankle.
- – It is the Driver’s responsibility to ensure that their Passengers receive all necessary information regarding the day.
- – These days are designed for Drivers to provide their Sponsors and Supporters with Passenger rides. It is not to be used to operate a commercial venture. Any Drivers attempting to do so will not be permitted to access the circuit.
- – Professional instructors cannot act as Passengers.
- – All vehicles on the circuit must be conducting Passenger rides.
- – A zero tolerance approach will be taken on SMSP Hot Lap Days. Any Drivers not adhering to these Guidelines or instructions given during the Driver’s Briefing will not be permitted on the circuit.
$440, cancellations must be advised at least 7 days prior to the course date so that a transfer to an alternative date can be arranged, cancellations after this date will result in a forfeit of all fees paid. Transfers must be completed within 6 months of the original course date. Refunds for cancellation or non-attendance are not available.
Courses are held at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek. More details will be provided after booking is completed.
Morning Session – 7:30am – 12:30pm, with compulsory Driver’s Briefing at 8:00am, and on-track from 8:30am.
Afternoon Session – 12:00pm – 5:00pm, with compulsory Driver’s Briefing at 12:30pm, and on-track from 1:00pm.